Location: Istanbul - Turkey
Reporting To: Finance Manager
Terms: Consultancy Contract/ 7 months
The Financial Control Officer will Support the team in financial monitoring projects, and will be responsible for reviewing a variety of projects supporting documents, transactions and procedures and ensure its compliance with funding agency regulations. A solid experience of EU rules and regulations is required.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review and cross check a variety of documents to ensure projects expenditures reflect real activities.
- Conduct checking of a sample of financial transactions to assure correctness and completeness.
- Verify the actual use of control and procedures in different field offices.
- Ensure compliance in terms of supporting documentation for all processed payments in line with international standard regulations.
- Verify that adequate documentary evidence is kept for incurred costs.
- Analyze data from different sources and report on findings and develop actionable recommendations.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by line manager on ad hoc basis.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Masters or bachelor’s degree in related field (Finance, accounting ..).
- At least 5 years’ experience in Finance and accounting in International organizations.
- At least 2 year’ experience with EU funded projects and EU rules and regulations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines within agreed upon timeframes.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Native Arabic and good English, both spoken and written.
- Experience working on DIFID funded projects (desired).