Location: Worldwide / remote
Contract: Until February 2021
Reporting To: Deputy Managing Director
Terms: Consultancy – 7 days per month
The FSL Expert will have a central role in directing and supporting FSL-focused M&E and research projects across the MENA region in coordination with both international consultants and RMTeam’s in-house technical staff.
This includes designing robust, context-specific methodologies and data collection tools for a diverse range of FSL-focused assignments, i.e. third-party monitoring, evaluations, needs assessments, and verification activities.
A keen eye for detail and analytical mind is essential as the FSL Expert will conduct comprehensive quality assurance checks, rigorous data analysis, and consistently produce high-quality deliverables.
The FSL Expert will also leverage their communication skills to remain responsive and attentive to client needs during all phases of the project cycle as needed.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Direct and participate in FSL-related M&E and research projects.
- Design and review FSL-related project methodologies, including work plans and tools.
- Analyze incoming FSL programmatic data in order to participate in developing independent recommendations for the strategic and operational monitoring of FSL plans and activities.
- Help to draft, review, and conduct FSL assessments and surveys to verify that FSL needs are being identified and addressed accurately and activities are progressing as planned by implementers.
- Ensure all project staff have clear guidance on project methodologies, work plans, and client needs, including the technical aspects of FSL and related indicators
- Work closely with the M&E Team to deliver capacity building trainings in Agriculture and Food Security methodologies, techniques, concepts, and learning tools, as well as contribute to overall internal learning and development efforts in the M&E Department.
- Ensure adherence to reporting mechanisms within the objectives, scope and timeline agreed on with the client.
- Ensure M&E and research projects strictly adhere to RMTeam’s established quality assurance protocols.
- Supervise data cleaning and validation processes.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports, FSL programme monitoring and evaluation reports, and any other relevant reports to the management/client within pre -defined timeframes.
- Support program implementation to ensure appropriate and timely delivery of program activities.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with relevant stakeholders, client focal points, implementers and downstream partners.
- Present and validate M&E results to relevant stakeholders and support clients’ knowledge sharing efforts.
- Contribute to drafting technical proposals in coordination with the Business Development Department.
- Take steps to document lessons learned for wider dissemination among other units within RMTeam.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Masters or bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, FSL Specialization, or other relevant subjects.
- Minimum of years’ experience in FSL progammes at a senior level.
- Strong technical understanding of M&E methodologies, concepts, and processes.
- Demonstrable technical leadership skills.
- High-level of proficiency in relevant computer programmes and software (e.g. Microsoft Excel, SPSS, R, STATA, data management systems).
- Demonstrable aptitude in quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines within agreed upon timeframes.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of Middle East context.
- Excellent drafting and report writing abilities.
- Solid understanding of cross-cutting issues (e.g. gender, conflict sensitivity etc.) desirable.
- Native level or near-native spoken and written English language skills, Arabic is an advantage.
- Experience working with INGOs (desired).
- Experience working on EUD and DIFID-funded projects (desired).
- Experience with remote management (desired).