Location: Turkey Office
Reporting To: Project Team leader
Terms: Full time
The M&E Expert will have a central role in conducting third-party monitoring assignments with a focus on protection projects for refugees and IDPs throughout the MENA region in coordination with both international consultants and RMTeam’s technical staff. This includes designing robust, context-specific methodologies and data collection tools for monitoring a diverse range of protection areas ex. child protection, SGBV/GBV, Community Services, Education, and psychosocial support as well as overseeing their implementation in the field.
An effective team player, organizer, and manager, the M&E Expert will supervise M&E and field project staff to ensure projects are carried out efficiently in a timely manner to the highest standard.
A keen eye for detail and an analytical mind is essential as the M&E Expert will conduct rigorous quality assurance checks, and verifications and consistently produce high-quality analytical reports. The M&E Expert will also leverage their communication skills to remain responsive and attentive to client needs during all phases of the project cycle. A solid grasp of DAC/OECD evaluation criteria is required, and knowledge of results-oriented methodology would be an asset.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead on the development of third-party monitoring approach and tools for projects and activities in the protection sectors i.e. Case management and referrals, Legal support, Protection Awareness raising and PSS activities.
- Ensure project monitoring milestones are met, continuous assessment and feedback from inception to final deliverables
- Design and review M&E plans, including sampling approaches, training plans, and data collection tools
- Ensure all project staff have clear guidance and well trained on project monitoring methodologies, tools, workplans, and client needs
- Supervise data cleaning and validation processes
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Draft high-quality reports based on primary and secondary data that include usable recommendations
- Present and validate M&E results to relevant stakeholders and support clients’ knowledge-sharing efforts
- Work closely with the M&E Team to deliver capacity-building training on a range of M&E methodologies, techniques, concepts, and learning tools, as well as contribute to overall internal learning and development efforts in the M&E Department
- Act as RMTeam’s communications focal point with clients as needed
- Ensure M&E and research projects strictly adhere to RMTeam’s established quality assurance protocols
- Contribute to drafting technical proposals in coordination with the Business Development Department
- Perform additional duties as assigned by line manager on ad hoc basis
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Degree in Law, International Law, Political Sciences, Social science or related field.
- Strong technical understanding of M&E methodologies, concepts, and processes in the Protection sector specifically, with a long strong experience in humanitarian assistance
- Excellent drafting and report writing abilities
- Solid understanding of cross-cutting issues (e.g. gender, conflict sensitivity etc.)
- High level of proficiency in relevant computer programs and software (e.g. Microsoft Excel, SPSS, R, STATA, data management systems)
- Demonstrable aptitude in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines within agreed-upon timeframes
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- In-depth understanding of Middle East context
- Native level or near-native spoken and written English and Arabic language skills
- Experience working with third-party M&E/research firm (desired)
- Experience working on UN-funded projects (desired)
- Master or bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. international development, political science, child protection, gender)
- Experience with remote management (desired)
- Spoken and written Turkish is a plus