Location: Turkey Office
Reporting To: Project Team leader
Terms: Full time
The M&E Expert will have a central role in conducting third-party monitoring assignments with a focus on Shelter and WASH projects for refugees and IDPs throughout the MENA region in coordination with both international consultants and RMTeam’s technical staff. This includes designing robust, context-specific methodologies and data collection tools for monitoring a diverse range of Shelter provision, instalment, site development, engineering work for camps water supply, and waste management as well as overseeing their implementation in the field.
An effective team player, organizer, and manager, the M&E Expert will supervise Engineers, TM&E and field project staff to ensure monitoring activities are carried out efficiently in a timely manner to the highest standard.
A keen eye for detail and an analytical mind are essential as the M&E Expert will conduct rigorous technical engineering quality assurance checks, and verifications and consistently produce high-quality analytical reports. The M&E Expert will also leverage their communication skills to remain responsive and attentive to client needs during all phases of the project cycle. A solid grasp of construction and infrastructure development of refugees/IDPs camps is required, and knowledge of advanced monitoring solutions would be an asset.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead on the development of third-party monitoring approach and tools for projects and activities in the Shelter and WASH sector i.e. Tents installation, Gravelling, site development, RHU installation, water trucking, potable water networks, drainage solid waste management activities.
- Ensure project monitoring milestones are met, continuous assessment of activities and feedback from inception to final deliverables
- Design and review M&E plans, including sampling approaches, training plans, and data collection tools
- Ensure all project staff have clear guidance and are well trained on project monitoring methodologies, tools, workplans, and client needs
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Draft high-quality reports based on primary and secondary data that include usable recommendations
- Present and validate M&E results to relevant stakeholders and support clients’ knowledge-sharing efforts
- Work closely with the M&E Team to deliver capacity-building training on a range of M&E methodologies, techniques, concepts, and learning tools, as well as contribute to overall internal learning and development efforts in the M&E Department
- Act as RMTeam’s communications focal point with clients as needed
- Ensure M&E and research projects strictly adhere to RMTeam’s established quality assurance protocols
- Contribute to drafting technical proposals in coordination with the Business Development Department
- Perform additional duties as assigned by line manager on ad hoc basis
- Supervise data cleaning and validation processes
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction, Water Engineering, Environment, or related field.
- Strong technical understanding of M&E methodologies, concepts, and processes in the Protection sector specifically, with a long strong experience in humanitarian assistance
- Excellent drafting and report writing abilities
- Solid understanding of cross-cutting issues (e.g. gender, conflict sensitivity etc.)
- High level of proficiency in relevant computer programs and software (e.g. Microsoft Excel, SPSS, R, STATA, data management systems)
- Demonstrable aptitude in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines within agreed-upon timeframes
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- In-depth understanding of the Middle East context
- Native level or near-native spoken and written English and Arabic language skills
- Experience working with third-party M&E/research firm (desired)
- Experience working on UN-funded projects (desired)
- Masters or bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. international development, political science, child protection, gender)
- Experience with remote management (desired) with the ability to conduct in-person field inspection visits
- Spoken and written Turkish is a plus